Friday, October 17, 2008

A FeW ThiNgS oN My MiNd

This last week seems like such a blure. I wish I could say this is all a BAD dream and we would wake up happy. With the news of our niece..seeing their family struggle..trying to find peace and comfort has effected all of us in so many different ways. This is throwing me back to the day that we found out that my mom was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. It was a nightmare. I was only 19 years old...the day we found out, my dad decided to pack his bags and leave. My mom is such an amazing person to me. She has the most strength of any women that I have met. She NEVER once complained while she was going through radiation or chemo. I KNOW that she was hurting, but she never let us know. She always somehow had a smile on her face through it all. She has taught me SO many wonderful things in my life. She is a TRUE example of Sacrifice. My heart is so full of gratitude. I hope that I can be of such an example to my kids and she has been to me. I love YOU mom!!!

These last few days my testimony has been strengthened so much. I am so thankful for my family. ALL of them. I am thankful for the trials that I have been through...I am SO thankful for my mom. I am thankful for the mission that I served. The sweet people of Bolivia will always have a special place in my heart. I KNOW with all of my heart that this is the TRUE Church. I am so thankful for the plan that Heavenly Father has laid out for us, so that we will be together forever. Most importantly I am SO thankful for my husband. He is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. He has a strong testimony of this Gospel and is a true example to me. I am so thankful for his Priesthood and that he is worthy to hold it. He has amazing faith!

This last week I have been thinking of all my blessings. Especially my kids. They are the Light of my life. I am really reflecting on the joys that being a mom brings. I am trying to be a little more patient, I am trying to laugh a little more, spend less of my time being mad, and just soak up all that they have to offer me.

Last Saturday as I was a work with all of those sweet precious babies thinking...how close they are to the veil...how sweet and innocent they are...I could not help but think of my sister in law Jen. She is going through SO much and my heart is truly aching for her. She has to be one of the strongest people ..next to my mom that I have ever met. I cannot imagine what she is going through. I wish that I could comfort her in some way to take her pain...if it is only for 1 minute. One of my favorite scriptures I love to think about when I am having a hard time is found in:

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thine ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Jen, Zane, Kendra, Angie, Ryan and Raymond....We LOVE you and our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

3 Love Notes:

Anna said...

Becky~ Thanks for sharing that scripture. That is SO what I needed to hear. It's hard to trust in the Lord when you don't understand why things are happening to YOU! But you HAVE to. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dusty said...

What a sweet testimony you have. Your mom is such an amazing person and you are so lucky to have her. I love and admire her so much and am so glad that my family was able to spend time with her this summer. I am so sorry to hear about what your family is going through right now. I will keep you guys in our prayers. I love you!

Stacie said...

oh, Becky this is a great post. I love that your testimony is so strong. You are such a good support to your family. Great scripture.I'll be thinking of you guys.